Though the majority of the program is taught asynchronous online, students take a course in residence on the UCI campus at the beginning of their course of study — "Introduction to Criminology, Law and Society." This accelerated 5-day introductory course is usually scheduled for the last week of August at the UCI main campus, before the fall quarter begins.
The two-year roadmap below is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect actual courses which may be offered during your two years in the program. Course offerings are subject to change.
Year 1 Coursework
- C210: Introduction to CLS
- C212: Police, Courts, and Corrections
- C215: Statistics
- C213: Crime and Social Deviance
- C216: Public Policy, Crime and Criminal Justice
- C214: Research Methods
- C211: Legal Institutions and Society
- C254: Immigration in the U.S.
Year 2 Coursework
- C219: Hate Crime
- C238: White-Collar and Corporate Crime
- C250: Preventing Errors of Justice
- C218: Social Problems, Law and Policy (Capstone)
- C242: Crime Hotspots
- C217: Leadership
- C221: Sentencing and Corrections
- C253: Cybercrime, Cybersecurity and Society